Ottawa – Mary Ng, Minister of Export Promotion, International Trade and Economic Development, today announced that she will participate in the annual Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Ministerial Meeting on November 13 to 15, 2023, in San Francisco, California.
This meeting, hosted by the United States, will provide an opportunity for Canada to further its international trade and investment priorities, including:
- promoting resilient and sustainable supply chains
- fostering a more open, predictable and sustainable regional economic order in the Indo-Pacific
- facilitating discussion on inclusive trade and the Indigenous Peoples Economic and Trade Cooperation Arrangement
- advancing progress on the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership
- advancing World Trade Organization priorities, including WTO reform
Minister Ng will also meet with international partners to discuss collaboration on trade and investment.
“As Canada deepens and diversifies its engagement in the Indo-Pacific region, the APEC Ministerial Meeting will be an opportunity to advance our trade and investment interests with our international partners and to create economic growth for Canadians from both sides of the Pacific.” – Mary Ng, Minister of Export Promotion, International Trade and Economic Development